We’ve started working on a fighting arena for our upcoming impalong. This is what is looks like now:
UPDATE: November 29, 2019
The Northwestern portion of the New Festival Cove Docks Project was completed earlier today. Tens of thousands of dirt and sand were used to level this area.
Incredible Kudos goes to Thicket and Lorptahs for helping to make this a reality!
UPDATE: November 14, 2019
On November 14, 2019, Thicket and Vooch decided that our v3 (version three) for creating docks at New Festival Cove will be to remove 4 tiles from each of the docks at Northernmost border. We’re doing this to prevent large ships from decaying if they parked on the tip of one of the Northernmost docks. The v3 design will also improve safety by reducing the footprint. Vooch will upload the v3 design (currently, the v2 design is the pic above) at a future date.
ORIGINAL POST: AUGUST 2019
New Festival Cove is embarking on an enormous project: creating docks in very deep water.
Creating a project like this requires a very, very large number of dirt and sand. We prefer sand because it can prevent marsh tiles from appearing in the water.
Marsh tiles require wooden floor boards to be placed upon them before any subsequent leveling can occur, so it’s best to drop sand in the water while expanding the dock area.
As you can see in the picture above, we’ve penciled in the areas where docks should appear in the game.
This is the floor layout for floors that have forges at the imping buildings:
We’ve spent this week digging Zinc for a couple days, then began transmutating 7 Clay Tiles into Dirt in order to build a better road system within NFC.
It takes a lot of Zinc and a lot of Lemons in order to make this happen. A big Thank You goes to Thicket for planting so many Lemon Trees around NFC so we could build a nice supply of Lemons for occassions like this.
Led Zeppelin comes to mind…
When we got down to the end, with low resources, Vooch and Julesgoldberg drank water to the max, ate food to the max, sacrificed rocks at an altar, prayed at an altar, and did some meditation on a meditation rug. We returned to the site, and were pleasantly surprised that the last tile got completed before we ran out of resources!
I was hoping to meet up with Lorptahs this weekend, but he got an alert about wildfires in his area (Australia) so he had to go. Because of the wildfire situation, he also said he doubts he will be able to return to Wurm Online for at least the next 3 days. We wish Lorptahs the best during this very tough time.
To all rescue personnel around the world, such as our buddy, Lorptahs, we salute you, and we thank you for your service!
Thicket has suggested a super cool idea. Recreating the “Overlook Lodge” from the movie, “The Shining” in Wurm Online.
We’ve got the perfect spot for it, but we’re working out the logistics first: getting the dirt leveled off in the area… thinking about the design (1st floor stone, 2nd floor timber/wood, 3rd floor on one end, timber wood….it’s a hotel with different heights, but it looks like it’s gonna be a lot of fun to design!
We’re planning to have Overlook Lodge / Free Hotel available at our October 2020 Impalong.
On the second floor on the New Festival Cove Inn, sits “The Filthy Stag Tavern”, which has been in operation for over six months.
The tavern was named in honor of Vooch’s friend Minerva, who runs “The Filthy Stag Tavern”, in the game ShroudOfTheAvatar.com.
Here’s Hughmongus’s new survey of New Festival Cove:
You can see the entire Albia Map of Independence by visiting here:
We will be tweaking this recipe to make it more user-friendly, but this is our fourth attempt so far:
(1) Move one (1) cereal (barley, rye, oat, or wheat) into your inventory. We’ll call this [YourCereal].
(2) Activate a grindstone (by double-left clicking it) and grind that item into flour, by right clicking the [YourCereal] and left-clicking on Create->Food->[[YourCereal] flour].
(3) Activate at least 0.3 weight of water from anywhere, by left-clicking on Water. (No need for a measuring cup). Right-click the flour and Create->Food-[[YourCereal] dough].
(1) Move Basil, Garlic, and Tomato into your inventory.
(2) Activate a Knife and chop the Basil, Garlic, and Tomato into Chopped Basil, Chopped Garlic, and Chopped Tomato, respectively.
(3) Take a Pottery Bowl out of the Oven, and drag the three (3) chopped ingredients in the Pottery Bowl.
(4) Activate a Fork and right-click the Pottery Bowl. Left-click -> Create -> Passata.
ADD ITEMS TO MARBLE BAKING STONE
(1) Put Dough, Passata, and one (1) regular uncut meat into marble baking stone.
(2) One (1) chopped veggie (a veggie chopped with a knife).
(3) One (1) chopped herb (an herb chopped with a knife).
(4) One (1) cheese
(5) One (1) ground spice (a spice ground with a mortar & pestle)
(6) One (1) raw fries (this is a potato butchered with a butcher knife)
OPTIONAL: Add more uncut meat (and chopped veggies) to get more bonuses (on calories, carbs, fats, or proteins).
NOTE: Right-click the baking stone, marble and left-click Lore…You might need to add more Passata to it, so repeat the Passata recipe above. If it fails again, add more Passata, etc. The more meat you add, the more Passata may be required.
AFTER THE PIZZA IS MADE, YOU NEED TO WRAP IT UP
(1) Activate beeswax, by double-left clicking beeswax.
(2) Right-click blank papyrus sheet.
(3) Left-click wax.
(4) Activate waxed papyrus sheet by, by double-left clicking waxed papyrus sheet.
(5) Right click “full house pizza” and left-click on Wax.
And, regarding enchants and skill gains, consider this:
Another person says, the “Blessing of The Dark” enchant working interesting because it increases stamina drain when your stamina is high. It goes lightning fast (and you get little skill), but if your stamina is low, it really goes slow, and you get more skill.